Fans of XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be pleased to discover that there is some free DLC available.
The DLC is called Second Wave and will unlock 16 post-game options that were abandoned during the game’s development but later spotted by modders. Most options are available upon completion of the game, though four will remain locked until the player completes the game in Impossible difficulty. The added options will add new twists or an extra challenge to the post-game experience.
The new options:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.*
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.*
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.*
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.*
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time. **
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time. **
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death. **
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically. **
*Unlocked prior to completion of campaign.
** Obtainable upon completion of Impossible difficulty